Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Another Year Over

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Mine? Well, it was magic, you see. Everything worked out! Really. It wasn't 100% what I wanted but it was an 8/10 and honestly, I'll take it. I got a pretty banging candy basket, for one. And two, watching Jeff play with Cocoa was hilarious. She loves him.





Looking back on this year, it's a lot to take in. So much has happened. Up and down. But here I find myself, two days from the New Year, not having any major regrets. I can't remember the last time I thought that. Sure, I might change a thing here or there but nothing life changing.

I grew this year. Learned this year. And loved this year. First, I'll start with love. Of course I was in love before. It's not that I wasn't. I just wasn't loving with all of the faith and abandon one dreams of when they are a little girl. I promised myself this year, I would never settle for a love anything less than what my mother and step father had. What no movie, book, or song tell you is how much work really goes into a good relationship. But it is sooo worth it. Below are my favorite pictures of them.



I learned a lot this year, too. I learned I am stronger than I give myself credit for. I mean, hey, I'm still here. I learned that I have waaay more control over my emotions and actions than I would like to pretend. I haven't yet learned how to fully apply this knowledge, lol. Practice makes perfect, right? And I learned that honesty really is the best policy. No matter what happens or how bad things get, if you are honest, you can hold onto that and know you did all you could.

As for growing, well, I think that explains itself. You can't go through what I've gone through and come out the other side still willing to love, and learn, and live with hope unless you grow. I haven't moved on yet. I haven't forgotten it or accepted it or even to a point where I understand it yet but... I have grown. For I know now, that life whether you like or not, does go on. And so will I, in a New Year, with new friends, new goals, new hopes, and better confidence in myself. I hope and wish all the same for you and yours.

Happy New Year all and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment