Friday, December 24, 2010

Day Ten: Oatmeal Chocoalte Chip Cookies

Hooray!! I didn't think I would make it to the end of this project. I usually quit things halfway through. I'm proud. And tired of baking. And my body is probably worse for the wear but it was nice. I woke up this morning early and finished my shopping and wrapping. I made my breakfast casserole to take to the boy's mom's tomorrow. I even did a load of laundry and I'm blogging. I love the fullness of the day. It's keeping me calm.

I always remember this day being calm during my childhood. We would snack all day on goodies and watch Christmas movies. And every year after we returned home from our car trip tradition, we would watch Dr. Suess' How The Grinch Stole Christmas. I love it dearly and I can recite every word. :) And no, I haven't seen the Jim Carrey version and probably never will. I recorded it this year on my dvr and plan to watch it tonight before bed. It always bittersweet now. Maybe when I have kids of my own, the joy would return in spades.

However, since I am so busy, eating a real meal until Christmas Eve dinner tonight is not likely. Luckily last night I made some seriously delicious and what I tell myself is nutritious, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. I loaded one batch up with Ghiradelli White Chocolate chips, dried Cranberries, and pecans. The other batch I threw in Ghiradelli Milk Chocolate chips, Dried Cherries, and walnuts. They could not have been better. The cinnamon with the chocolate does something amazing and you can even taste the salt which is fabulous! The oustides are crispy and the inside is so so soft.

I think they are my best cookie this year. Enjoy everyone and have a Merry Christmas!

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

NOTES:

1. Once I started making these I noticed I only had 1/2 cup of brown sugar in the house. I substituted regular granulated white sugar and it turned out just fine.
2. I didn't follow the baking time exactly. I pulled them out when the edges looked a light brown color and the centers looked a bit wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment