Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Testing The Waters

Hi, I'm Stefanie. Well, Stephanie, actually. (Something I recently found out) But, I'll explain that some other time. I'm 25 years old and live in Fairfield, Ohio. As far as I  can remember, I always have. My mother (Catherine) moved my brother (Ronnie) and I here in 1986 from Toledo and then promptly divorced my father (Ron). To this day, I don't really know why and due to circumstances I will elaborate on soon, I doubt I ever will.

My childhood was about as normal and ideal as one could ever hope for. My mom remarried in 1987. According to my mother, my stepfather (Ted) proposed to her before he even met us kids. Romantic, isn't it?  I had great parents. Really, great parents. Ted worked 60 hours a week most times. He left for work at 5 AM and rarely made it home before 6 PM. My mom babysat until I went into school and then cleaned houses during school hours once I did. She was always home when I got home and 6 nights a week, dinner was made at home and ate at the dining room table.

As I grew up as I had unconditional love and support from my parents. No matter what I did, I was never really punished. ( This kind of became a problem later, lol.)  And I was given infinite freedom to run around with my best friend. (Nick, since 1988) I was, as my mother would say, given enough rope to hang myself. Luckily for her, I didn't Not until she was gone that is. Which leads me to my purpose and intentions for writing this blog.

In September 2005 my real father passed away. In September 2006, my mom and step-father passed away as well. It was sudden and unexpected and as one could guess, completely Earth shattering. I would give you all of the details here but I've already written a lot today. Another post, another day, I promise. Anywho, my therapist that I've been seeing for quite some time since then suggested that since I love to write, that I blog. She seems thinks the feedback I might receive will be, in her favorite word, beneficial. We'll see.

Hopefully it helps. Not just me but some one else from time to time. Thanks for reading. Hopefully someone continues to, lol. Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment